Wednesday, March 4, 2015

Tech Post: LCD Projector

For my assignment blog post I'm exploring technology in the classroom. I feel one of the most underrated tools in the classroom right now is the LCD projector. Its versatility is underrated because most teachers are to busy using it. It's like right underneath their nose. Some educators out there might think I'm being over the top with this idea but think about it. Interactive white boards...Really? I'm not saying it's a bad peace of technology but it's difficult for some new time users. The whole LCD Projector is interactive just as the whiteboard but is just a mirror of the desktop of the classroom computer which makes it a natural to navigate. Not to mention quick, easy and relatively cheap technology, they should be in every classroom. I'm not saying that all we should focus on is LCD projectors, it's great to explore technology like white boards or individual tablets. Isn't it more important to produce results? That's what LCD projectors bring to the table.
What do you think?

3 comments:

  1. Richard, I am with you on the use of LCD projector. However, I must say that after exploring the array of Tech Tools listed in our Tech Trek, LCD has taken a nose dive. Being a novice to the Tech world, I am inclined to use the LCD projector; but its a new age and we have to move with the times. Digital Literacy has become a requisite skill for all teachers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Richard---did you find the tech link that you were supposed to use to explore tech with? I don't see that indicated in your writing. Check it out here; https://drive.google.com/a/ocps.net/file/d/0Bw0pyzPOrVp-X1RkVVc3WmUwWmc/view?pli=1

    ReplyDelete
  3. LCD Projectors are underrated. You can use them to show anything to your students. You can project notes, powerpoints, videos, text, ect. In addition, if you project onto a white board you can use the markers to underline, circle, or even make notes on a document. I plan on using them in my class.

    ReplyDelete