Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Open Post



Hello Readers,

So I just wrote a huge post and was about to post it when Blogspot decided to be a total peace of crap and redirected while I was just about to post losing all my writing.
THANKS OBAMA
So I'll try to write up what was talking about before. I was lamenting about my Internship. I'm very thankful for internship with all the opportunity given to me to find a career but I worry. I have to pay this organization money to work for them. I'm paying somebody to work. That is just insane. What if things don't work out and I'm not hired by this organization. A waste. A total waste.
Sometimes I hear about teachers graduating and getting a job at age 22. HOW?
The requirements are so time consuming to accomplish. I wonder their SECRET. YES SECRET.

Thanks for reading,


Rich Richardson

2 comments:

  1. Free labor! That is what schools engine of school hum with. You will be doing many tasks as a teacher and not be remunerated. When each course needed an EOC as required by the state, all the students who spent their time working in the library or other school offices were pulled. I don't think people thought about the actual dollar cost and the work experiences that students gained and now lost. As far as paying for the internship semester . It is costly. It is exhausting, especially when you have to sometimes give up a job to do the internship. Paid internships are where other professions are at. I feel your pain! It is the one thing that hasn't change about this teaching profession in 20 years. If we move to a teacher apprentice model, maybe some traction.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rich I feel your pain! When I found out some years back that I'd be interning for free 2 and then 5 days a week, I thought, "Don't these people know I have bills!" I do not have the leisure of working weekends, being part-time somewhere. So as of now, I feel like I am spreading myself so thin. It is really unfortunate because I don't feel like I am getting the most out of this internship. Between two jobs, a five year old, and some hardships, it is exhausting. So I said all that to say, I feel your pain!

    ReplyDelete